- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Dental Care for your Pet at Boulevard Veterinary Hospital in Norfolk, VA.
It’s never too early to consider dental care for your pets. From the moment those little teeth come through, it’s a good idea to get your pet acquainted with having their mouth touched. Daily brushing with a pet-safe toothpaste (never a human brand!) is always helpful to remove food particles or plaque that has formed on teeth. No matter how well you feed your pet or how often you brush their teeth, some form of dental disease may occur around 5-7 years of age.
We can also teach you as a pet owner about proper dental care for your pets, young and old. Depending on breed and genetics, your pet will most likely need a professional cleaning at some point in their life.
If you notice any of the following with your pet, it may be time for a professional cleaning:
- Bad Breath
- Loose teeth or teeth that are discolored or covered in tartar
- Your pet shies away from you when you touch the mouth area
- Drooling or dropping food from the mouth
- Bleeding from the mouth
- Loss of appetite or loss of weight: This combination can result from diseases of the pets organs and early veterinary examination is very important!
In addition to traditional scaling, polishing, fluoride treatments and brushing of your pet’s teeth, we also offer advanced dentistry services including extractions, x-rays, root canals, sealants and fillings.
We are always happy to perform a thorough dental exam for your pet and estimate any dental work or repairs that your animal may need.