- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 02-22-2016
Did You Know: Food!
Did you know that most commercial foods are loaded with highly processed carbohydrates? Our dogs and cats aren’t able to metabolize these efficiently. These carbohydrates stimulate insulin production, which makes the body store calories as fat.
- Gradually change food so that canned foods are the major portion of the diet.
- Cooking fresh meats for your pet is a great source of high quality protein; add a canine or feline multivitamin mineral supplement for complete nutrition.
- Add volume and fiber to your pet’s diet with fresh vegetables. (lightly boiled is best).
- Avoid microwave cooking at all cost.
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potatoes
- Any Cooked Beans
- White Potatoes
- White Rice
Your concerns about dental health can be addressed by brushing teeth or using PerioSupport; this product is sprinkled on the food, cleaning the teeth throughout the meal. PerioStix can also be used to clean teeth when given as a daily treat!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.